Friday, December 31, 2010

Putting up the Christmas Tree

This year we decided to put our Christmas tree up on the first Thursday night of the month - normally we would put it up on the first Monday of the month but this year Thursday worked out better for us. So - we dug it out of the garage and found the box of ornaments and got to work putting it up. Ystyn normally does most of it himself but I got to help out a little this year which was fun. As well as putting our tree up we had Fondue night - another trandition - and a yummy yummy one! :) Here are some photo's of the kids enjoying themselves...


I love this photo of McKinley - such a sweet feeling to it...


Madson and daddy putting up the star...


And then the fondue - YUM! Chocolate with about 1/2 cup of cream melted in the microwave - delicious as these next lot  of photo's show...:)







Madson wearing the door wreath. Such fun memories...


And our sorry looking tree - :)


Our kids were so naughty this night and we were so close to sending them to bed without their fondue, but I'm glad we stuck it out. This is one family tradition that I hope will stick around for years and years. I could see our kids coming back home once they've moved out or married for putting up the Christmas tree and Fondue night. I can see it in my mind and really really hope that it comes true...I love our kids so much and love having fun times like these with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting us share with you, xxx