Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lets Start At the Very Beginning

So - our love story. Where it all began.



Ystyn and I actually met on a Laurel/Priest Convention on the Sunshine Coast when he was 18 and I was 16. I don't actually remember him much from that activity but do know that he was always around at stake activities and was someone that it was always AWESOME to catch up with. He had this HUGE lopsided grin and the quirkiest personality that instantly made everyone feel comfortable in their own skin. He was awesome and positive and a strong church member - that was obvious - and SO MUCH FUN! I did deign to write him 2 letters while he was away on his mission and then got scared off by an over-zealous friend and never wrote again, but once Ystyn returned home from his mission he became my best friend and it kind of went from there...

Our very first date was pretty cool - I was actually really scared at what kind of outrageous thing he was going to subject me to (I had reason to be scared - only a couple of months before I had been taken on a date by my 'dream' guy to a suprise location where we played laser tag in this great big forest (yes it was dark and yes, I'm afraid of the dark) and ended up eating our snacks parked on an traffic island in the middle of a main road right near where I lived - I was PANICKING!!!). Ystyn seemed just like the type to do something equally crazy!!! But it was actually quite fun and tame thank goodness. He had prepared a kind of questionaire with questions about the other person that we had to guess the answers to, which we completed while sipping on milkshakes in the Indroopilly food court, and then we went up to the library and found a favourite childrens book from our childhood and read that to each other (the english teacher in him coming out). So he did pretty good, except for committing the awful crime of showing up dressed in daggy t-shirt, shorts and sneakers. But it didn't take long for me to look past such a horror and realise he was the best, kindest, happiest, most accepting person I had ever and would ever know, and the rest is history. I feel so so blessed to be able to be sealed to him for forever...

A pity we couldn't stay looking like that for forever too hey...hehehhe. Love you more than anything Ystyn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting us share with you, xxx