Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Beginnings!

A first post!!!! The thought of doing this family blog has been swimming around my head for a little while now - there are so many things that happen through every day that I just wish I had the time to write down and document but never do. I could always keep a scrapbook, but I am a little bit of an 'all or nothing' kind of girl which means if I can't do a scrapbook properly and as prettily as possible then its not something that gets done.I have scrapbooked a few favourite pictures of each of the kids and find great joy in doing that, but as a long term, sustainable activity - I think not. And then there's always the family history angle of things - doing your family history is something that we haven't quite grasped yet, but keeping a journal (or blog) seems like a pretty easy way of ticking off that box...so HERE WE ARE! A Francis Family blog! Potentially only interesting to us, which is totally fine as its a record of our lives and the lives of our children. I can't wait to actually write down all the funny, crazy, irritating, crazy, hilarious things that our three kids do - they have me in tears (happy and sad) many many times in a week and then once the emotions are spent, the memories only last for so long...I like the thought of preserving all of these wonderful, annoying, trying times for these precious children of ours to read, and keep, for forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting us share with you, xxx